Dana

Dana
The Day 1 or pre-sore

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 1 or as I like to call it...pre-sore

So....I have prepared myself for this "getting back into shape" or as I like to think of it...as a "god-forsaken journey"--by ordering my p90x, getting a trainer both on line (Monica) and in person..(meaner than a Texas snake --but more about Brenda as you meet her) and printing out the diet and grocery list based off the p90x nutrition book. 

It would appear I am a Phase 1 level 1...which in laymen's terms means believe it or not I am relatively small...which is news to me as I appear to be round everywhere.( as in 5 ft 6 154lbs)  When did this happen?  I'm guessing about the time that my glass of wine and a good Law and Order was far more comfortable than holding on to the bathroom wall as I tried to sit down --out of sheer leg pain. (you wouldn't undestand it if you haven't done it)

Monica has advised me to take the next three weeks on the diet and working out for an hour everyday--to get me ready for the schedule and pace of p90x.  So...I'm going to start with my favorite 4 mile golf course loop today with Zoey the mattress eating labrador.  This is my absolute favorite workout--as it's close to the house--it's a beautiful day--and let's face it, the workout dumps me off at Starbucks. (that's a grande Christmas Blend to you...)  The plan is to add Zumba, elliptical with weights and yoga in as well over the next three weeks.  After two foot surgeries, I'm not sure running will ever be in my plan again....but we will see.

I am in Atlanta mid January, so should be able to actually start the program when I return.  This will give me time to buy the elastics etc that I need.

My diet is a pretty basic lo-carb, mini meal 1400 calorie a day diet---after losing the weight you up the calories to build more muscle....SEE HOW POSITIVE I am on the first day---assuming the foregone conclusion! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment